Help Centre

Help Informations

What kind of help do you need?

Help Centre

Back to Help Centre Home
illustration of a telephone

Need Urgent Help or Support?

If you are distressed or experiencing despair, try to speak to somebody now.

  • Is there a family member or a friend you could call?
  • Is there a neighbour or colleague who can help?

If you or anyone else is in immediate danger or harm, then please call the Police or Ambulance Service on 999.

  • Accident & Emergency department at your local hospital (for emergencies only). You can use the NHS Choices website (enter your postcode) to find your nearest hospital with an A&E. If you are in Liverpool go to A&E in the Royal Liverpool University Hospital and ask to speak to a member of the Hospital Mental Health Liaison Team. This service is open 24 hours, 7 days a week. More information can be found here

Do you need medical or mental health help now?

If you do then it is crucial that you contact the right person and that is most likely to be your GP. They will know where to get you the specialist help you need.

If your GP surgery is closed their answerphone will direct you to the right place or you can call NHS 111

Use The NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it is not a life threatening situation.

Need to talk?

If you want to talk to someone about how you feel, what you’re experiencing or how to deal with someone else's behaviour, you can contact the following.

The Samaritans

The Samaritans offer a 24-hour telephone helpline Call on: 116 123.

Students Against Depression

Students Against Depression is a website offering advice, information, guidance and resources to those affected by low mood, depression and suicidal thinking

If you are a student studying outside of the UK, and in crisis or feeling very distressed, you should contact The University of Liverpool Study Abroad Team:

Telephone: +44-(0)151-794-3039 (Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm)


Postal Address: Study Abroad Team

Student Recruitment & Admissions Office

1st Floor Foundation Building

Brownlow Hill Liverpool

L69 7ZX

United Kingdom

Out-of-Hours (Emergencies only): +44-(0)151-794-3252 (24hrs)

You should also contact a local GP (based in the area in which I am studying) or other local health provision and inform the host University or workplace.  If there is a concern for your safety, the University may use my emergency contact details.